Monday, April 11, 2011

When Harry Met Ziggy

For the opening night of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One, I decided to dress up as Harry Stardust. Who is Harry Stardust, you may ask. Well, a few months before the film released an amazing shirt created by Evan Ferstenfeld and Enkel Diakpopped up on the internet. The shirt my friends had the image of Harry Potter donning the incredible iconic make-up of Ziggy Stardust. Instead having the simple and rather small lighting blot on his forehead, Harry had a huge red and blue lighting bolt going across his face.



What promoted to make this post so many months after the day that I made this look, is that Russell Walks has created Harry Potter meets Ziggy Stardust; it's part of a planned series of iconic album covers mashed up with iconic pop-culture characters that he is considering turning into calendars or prints.  We shall she how else he decides to mash-up. You can see his work below.


Now for the fun part, when I decided I was going to dress-up for the opening night of the film (you know because, I'm not 16 anymore it could have looked rather strange, but I have no shame) I went out and bought some make-up and practiced of course. http://likecool.com/Harry_Potter_Illustration_by_Russell_Walks--Pic--Gear.html

I used red eyeshadow from Sephora, using the wet eyeshadow technique and one of their silvery blue eye pencil.






No comments:

Post a Comment