Sunday, April 3, 2011

Touch of Color: Black Swan Inspired


Like I have said in a previous post that I am at the moment slightly obsesses with the film "Black Swan." The last time I saw the film I got the idea to do this with my nails. The technique is called gradient and it is surprisingly easy. The main thing that you have to remember is that you must let each coat dry before continuing on with the next.  I only used 4 colors but you can use as many as you like.

Step 1: Do your base coat, I picked white.
Step 2: Once your top coat is dry, get the cosmetic wedge and apply the next color. Once you got a good amount on the wedge, but not too much, gently start applying it to you nail. Start from the tip of your nail and then go down. You might have to do this several times to get the color that you want. Wait 2 to 3 minuets, than repeat the process with the rest of the colors you are going to use.

Step 3: Again once all of the nail polish is fully dried apply the top coat 


What you need:
3 or more different nail polish
1 Cosmetic Wedge
1 Plastic Plate

Nail Polished Used:
New York Color in Little Italy
Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in Wet Cement
Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in Gunmetal
Nail Polish from Hot Topic in Black
Sally Hansen Top Coat




No comments:

Post a Comment