Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding Dress

Unlike many of my friends and most of the world I did not stay up to watch the Royal Wedding; even though I really wanted to! The reason being I had to wake up early to dog sit and if I would have stayed up late I would have never woken up in time. But have no fear I am currently watching one of the many reruns.

Of course the one thing I was waiting to see was Kate Middleton's wedding dress. For months everyone has been speculating what designer she would pick and the style. She went with a lovely classic dress designed by Sarah Burton of Alexendard McQueen.  The dress is strikingly similar to the one that Grace Kelly wore to her very own royal wedding. She wore a long veil, made of ivory silk tulle. Kate's arms and shoulders were covered in lace and that covered the rest of her dress as well.






The tiara Kate wore is the tiara that Queen Elizabeth wore on her 18th birthday and lent it to Kate for the wedding, as her something borrowed.

AP Television News




A fun fact Kate did her own make-up! She took a few lessons before the big day in order to perfect the fresh face.

1 comment:

  1. Re the picture with the tiaras - the third one down. You do realise that you are showing two different tiaras there? The one Kate is wearing is the Cartier Halo Scroll tiara. The one on the left is the Carier Lotus tiara made in 1934 for Begum Andrèe Aga Khan (the third wife of his Highness Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah Aga Khan III)and now part of the Alexandria Royal Jewelry Museum collection

    ReplyDelete