Friday, March 25, 2011

'Sucker Punched' Premiere

 I have been wanting to see 'Sucker Punched' ever since I found out that Emily Browning was going to lead in it. Seeing the trailer I got even more excited, but disappointed that sexualized outfits they had the girls dress in. Although the film is getting horrible reviews I will most like it see it on Saturday.

The other day was the premiere of the film and I was not impressed with the outfits the celebrities wore on to the red carpet. My favorites for the night were Jamie Chung and Jena Malones, they were the most daring with color and style.


Emily Browning in an Erdem white lace dress that cuts right above the knee and Prada Shoes. It fits her perfectly and is the best length for her height. I'm very surprised that the color doesn't wash her out. I'm all for dramatic lips and have a lip stick the same shade Emily is wearing, but it just isn't working for her in this outfit. Maybe if she her shoes were a different color it might have looked better.


Vanessa Hudgens wore a floor length Jenny Packham dress. Initially, when I first saw Vanessa in the dress I wasn't a huge fan, but through out the day I have come to think it is quite lovely.  The sequined detailing is not overwhelming and a delicate pattern.  You can't tell in this picture but some of the sequins are a light lilac color. Everything is working for Vanessa in this dress, however I would have done without the necklaces. 


Jena Malone kept her look fun and flirty in a two piece dress by Juan Carlos Obando. The structure is to die for and Jean has the body to wear pull it off. My favorite part of the outfit is how the bottom of the skirt fades into a darker shade of pink.


Abbie Cornish dress of choice for the premiere was a nice jewel colored Amanda Wakely. I love the simplicity of the dress and the fit of the dress on Abbie and her nail polish. My only objection is that makes her appear older than she is. 


I couldn't find a better picture of Jamie Chung at the premiere because she had to be my favorite. She wore a yellow Giambattista Valli dress from the Spring 2011 collection. The yellow and the different color of draping is beautiful. The dress is not an easy one to pull off and Jaime looks stunning.


Jon Hamm was at the premiere looking handsome as ever! I love it when men wear suits and dark rim glasses and he did both. I also love that he played with different shades of blue and patterns with the tie and shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment